Daily Health Habit: Green TeaPosted by Victoria on Aug 17, 2011 in Foods | 0 comments
Enjoy a cup of organic, fair trade coffee in the morning if you like. Drink lots of water throughout the day. And consider drinking a few cups of green tea in the afternoon. Steaming hot or iced cold, either way green tea is a potent source of healthy antioxidants (catechins) that have been shown to
- inhibit cancer cell activity
- boost immunity
- lower cholesterol
- protect against bacterial infections
- promote joint health and stronger bones
- reduce cellular inflammation linked to premature aging
- enhance the effectiveness of antibiotics
Pretty amazing stuff.
There is quite a difference in taste between brands so experiment a bit until you find one you enjoy. It is an acquired taste, but well worth the effort.